The time when they were seen as a sign of bad taste is gone. Nowadays, the material chosen and the technique used in the manufacturing allow us to recreate models with colors, brightness, movement, and characteristics very similar to the natural species.
You will no longer have to worry about leaving your ferns or palm trees without water while traveling or spending days away from home. Made of silicone, silk, or polyester, artificial plants have become increasingly popular, and are widely used in decorating homes and commercial premises.
How to choose the right artificial plant
Artificial plants can recreate a wide range of species and be produced in different sizes. To ensure a harmonious design, it is necessary to take some tips into consideration when choosing the plant model for your room.
- Keep an eye on the size: The rule is simple, the size of the plant and the size of the ornament are directly related to the size of the room. Small rooms need small arrangements, narrow plants, and thin, delicate trees so as not to pollute visually or diminish the feeling of spaciousness. Meanwhile, spacious rooms with double-height ceilings go perfectly with leafy plants and large, wide ornaments.
- Choose the right species: choose a design and location that follows the characteristics of the natural species reproduced. if the chosen model recreates a plant that needs little natural lighting, use it in a location with this characteristic. This will make your arrangement look more natural and realistic.
- Pay attention to the vessel: Ornamentation is also part of the decoration, so choose a model that matches the style, space, and size of your plant and room. Larger vases can be used on the floor, in the entrance hall, or next to furniture such as sofas and TV furniture, while smaller ornaments are perfect for shelves, tables, and sideboards.
- Mix it with natural elements: to give a more realistic touch, use natural elements to assemble your arrangement. pebbles and gravel inside the vase are excellent options to compose the environment and make your plant more natural.
Trees, foliage, or arrangements, the important thing is to harmonize the chosen artificial plant with the style and decor of yours.
30 Artificial Plant Ideas for Living Room
There are so many different models, that it is necessary to be careful and attentive when composing the environment. To help you, we have separated 36 projects of how to use artificial plants in the decoration of your living room.
1. the great variety of plants brought a garden into the room
2. wood, plants, and special lighting
3. the green of the arrangement created the ideal contrast to the stripped brick wall
4. take advantage of the double-height ceiling to invest in larger models
5. delicacy and neutrality in decoration
6. outdoor garden with artificial plants is practical and beautiful
7. plants and decorative accessories brought more color to this sober-toned room
8. the green columns brought more color and served as a frame for the television
9. the green wall became the protagonist of the decoration
10. waterfall models are perfect for use on bookshelves and high furniture
11. scatter plants throughout the room
12. vertical garden and plants in jars make a good combination
13. set aside a space under the sideboard for the plants
14. vertical models are perfect for compact rooms
18. different models of plants and pots give more warmth without giving up modernity
16. neutral color palette calls for several potted plants
17. the resting corner became more pleasant with the help of the plants
18. the plants brought color and life to the neutral environment
19. vases and large plants are perfect to be used on the floor next to the sofa
20. to avoid mistakes, coordinate the size of the plant with the place you want to decorate
21. bet on green also in furniture and accessories
22. indoor garden with artificial plants is also possible
23. small trees are ideal to be used next to furniture
24. to give more prominence to small and medium-sized plants invest in large vases
25. the silver vase gave prominence and style to the sideboard
26. mix different models, styles and sizes
27. decorate the living room corner with a plant pot
28. create an indoor garden with niches, plants, and directed lighting
29. small succulents and glass vases are perfect for centerpieces
Hanging, on the floor, on top of the furniture, on the wall... there are many different ways to use artificial plants in decoration. Invest in this idea!
Care of artificial plants
Compared to natural plants, artificial plants are much easier to maintain. But you still need to take some care. The tips below will help you keep your plants beautiful and natural looking for much longer.
- Avoid sun exposure: Direct, daily sunlight exposure can damage the material of artificial plants, so place your plants in a location away from sunlight, this will prevent them from fading and getting damaged.
- Wipe off the dust: To make your plant last longer and to keep it looking natural and well-maintained, dust and dust the arrangements and flowers frequently.
- Watch out for the petals: Whether on natural or artificial plants, petals are delicate structures that must be handled with care and avoid touching them so that they do not fall off, get dirty, or spoil.
- Replace stones and mosses: The stones and moss in the pots can get damp and create fungus and other bugs, risking dirt and damage to your plant. To avoid this, change this kind of material frequently.
Practical and beautiful, artificial plants are here to stay.