According to architect Camila Sato, the material chosen must offer resistance to chemical products and to the volume of water: "these characteristics must be obtained from the manufacturer, as well as the suggested use for each type of lining available in the market". Check out more tips below:
What is the best lining for a swimming pool?
According to the architect, there isn't a specific model, but the one that best suits expectations: "as there is a wide variation in pool shapes, an adequate choice of lining facilitates the execution and/or installation of the intended lining, as well as the construction deadline". Check out the suggestions below, given by civil engineer Patrícia Vasques:
The vinyl lining is a flexible PVC laminate, commonly used in masonry pools: "Fiberiber pools can receive this material, however, any other type of lining such as ceramic, tiles or other rigid type is not indicated, because the pool built with this type of material will have displacements of these pieces", advises Patrícia.
Patrícia explains that the use of tiles as lining offers the greatest benefit for the project: "its mobility and adaptation to the different pool formats, even in curves, besides the ease of cleaning, avoiding the accumulation of dirt and micro-organisms, are the main positive points. However, this lining requires specialized labor for its placement".
"Tile is a traditional material, resistant and cheaper compared to any other option, but it requires attention in cleaning due to the creation of slime. Besides, it has a huge diversity of shapes and colors, which allows the creation of mosaics, drawings or engravings in the bottom of the pool", explains the engineer.
Ceramic and porcelain tiles
For Patrícia, the differential of ceramic and porcelain tiles is resistance: "whether enameled, matte, or rustic, this material is resistant to ultraviolet rays, to chemical products, and to the movement of the pool structure. An excellent choice for those who are looking for durability and easy maintenance".
Natural stones, such as marble and granite, require more attention in the choice, for they cannot be porous and must resist chemical products and large volumes of water. For this option, the architect Camila suggests: "when choosing the stone, it is important to pay attention to the types that offer the possibility of performing an adequate finishing, so that they don't have edges that can cause accidents".
To conclude, engineer Patrícia reveals that there are no rules about the chosen style: "pools are no longer only blue, but can play with the colors and shapes available, so a project guarantees the perfect layout and desired effect.
60 pictures of pool coverings to inspire your work
Check out the projects below, which feature all types of pool linings:
1. an outdoor leisure area with a pool is the dream of many
2. and to caprichrichar in the project is primordial for its durability
3. therefore, the choice of coating must be made with attention
4. to ensure the users' safety
5. and also to facilitate cleaning and maintenance
6. the models can vary according to your expectations
7. and also with your budget and personal taste
8. pools can be covered with tiles or tessellations
9. with ceramics
10. and even porcelain tiles and natural stones
11. pay attention to the porosity of the material
12. and also its resistance to large volumes of water
13. the colors you choose are at your personal discretion
14. so your pool can be monochromatic
15. or count on several shades of the same color
16. there are those who prefer a more discreet option
17. others follow the classic pattern of green or blue
18. light and neutral colors give a modernity to the project
19. besides a very charming minimalist touch
20. it is also ideal to match the internal coating to the external floor
21. to give the leisure area that extra boost
22: How about a rustic pool to call your own?
23. or those that are enhanced by good lighting?
24 With this feature, your coating gains even more prominence
25. tiles are the most used in swimming pool projects
26. and you can even create a beautiful mosaic with different colors
27. tiles are also very popular
28. and guarantee practicality in cleaning
29. the covering must meet the needs of the type of installation
30. some models need to be waterproofed quite often
31. consult the options and maintenance time before choosing
32. ceramic tile is one of the cheapest options
33 The tablets have a higher cost, but a better finish
34. it is important that the material for the border be non-slip
35. this way, accidents will be avoided
36. choose adequate grout and waterproofing for the pool
37. so that the coating will not come loose over time
38. we can find countless possibilities for coating
39. that vary in price, quality, and presentation
40. ceramic tiles are resistant to ultraviolet rays
41. they are excellent for those seeking durability and easy maintenance
42. fall in love with this contrast of the pool and the outdoor floor
43. and for those shades of color matching the wood deck
44. seen from above, everything is even more beautiful
45. the effect of the tablets is rewarding
46 - See what a rustic touch natural stone offers
47. apart from the undisputed elegance
48 The traditional blue tile was given a beautiful porcelain tile border
49. and the porous edge material ensures greater safety
50: You prefer a dark pool...
51. middle ground...
52. or like this, clear?
53 Regardless of the choice, the coating will offer a beautiful look
54 Therefore, align the project to your expectations
55. to your budget
56. and, above all, to your personal taste
57 Since we are talking about a project that demands investment
58. and that requires periodic maintenance
59. both to ensure its cleanliness
60. as well as its durability
For engineer Patrícia, there is no such thing as a decoration trend: "the trend is within each person's dream, within the pocket and, mainly, in the choice of a good professional. And if you need more inspiration for your dream, check out more projects for leisure areas with swimming pools.