Decorating the living room of a small apartment is a task that requires attention to every detail in order to make the most of the space.
6 decoration tips for small apartment rooms that will transform your environment
Do you want to decorate the living room of a small apartment? See below the tips from architect Mariana Miranda (CAU A1095463) to make the most of this space:
- Make a good selection of colors: According to the architect, "vibrant colors tend to give a smaller aspect to already limited spaces, so my suggestion is to bet on neutral tones that give a feeling of amplitude", that is, the choice of colors makes all the difference in the final result of the room.
- Create a bright environment: Whether natural or artificial, the lighting impacts both the colors of the walls and the furniture. The architect's tip is to bet on track lighting fixtures for the feeling of depth or wall lighting for specific focuses.
- Choose the right furniture: For the architect, "using long pieces of furniture in narrow rooms and sofas with "palito" feet, which make the room lighter, can be a great bet. In addition, Mariana recommended the use of shelves on the wall and taller bookshelves as an alternative to take advantage of the available space.
- Invest in curtains: the curtain brings a feeling of comfort, especially when used in light tones and materials. but if you're not a fan, the architect said that this choice depends more on the style and taste of each person than the size of the space. in this case, you can use a blackout adhesive on the windows to ensure more privacy and avoid sun rays at certain times.
- Go for the elements: rugs, pictures, and other decorative objects cannot be missing in the list of those who are looking for a well-crafted living room. bet on details that match the tones of the room to enhance it even more.
- Go for the mirror trick: According to Mariana, environments with good natural lighting guarantee a better result.
Before you go shopping, take the measurements of the room, get some samples of the colors you want to use in the space, and try to imagine the final result. That way you will be able to create an amazing project!
70 pictures of small apartment living room for all styles
Here are some proposals for decorating a small apartment room for you to be inspired when planning yours:
1. small rooms are very charming
2. and deserve extra attention when planning
3. the furniture must be the right size
4. to fit in with the environment
5. without compromising its circulation
6. some points are of extreme importance
7. how the choice of colors
8. stronger tones tend to enhance the space
9. and can be used both in furniture
10. how much in the painting of the walls
11. have elements that enhance the room
12. for this, try using a rug
13. it makes the room cozier
14. in addition to combining with various room styles
15. try to position it between the rack and the sofa
16. making a link between them
Demarcating the desired location
18. as in this option
19. the furniture is the highlight of the decoration
20. and should be designed to optimize space
21. bet on empty furniture
22. or divided into two parts
23 For tighter spaces
24. the living room rack can be dispensed with
25. but don't forget to include this piece of furniture
26. because it complements the space
27. serves as a support for other decorations
28. and stores your personal items with style
29. include objects to give personality to the environment
30. how the decorative pictures
31. some plants bring more joy
32. making your home much more special
33. another important point is lighting
34. whether artificial
35. or natural
36. it must be used to enhance the environment
37. and highlight the colors and details
38. moreover, the lighting promotes a sense of spaciousness
39. integrated rooms can be a great choice
40. after all any space needs to be used
41. how about a Germanic chant to complete the mood?
42 The living room and kitchen can also be harmonious together
43. curtains are not a rule
44. you can give them up and make the room lighter
45. or use it elegantly combined with the tones of the room
46. take advantage of every available corner
47. including very modern coffee tables
48. or the stylish crocheted puffs
49. enhance the walls with decorative elements
50. 3D coatings are a great bet
51. just like the nice little bricks
52. think of an alternative that brings lightness
53. and that it is adherent to the proposed style
54. plan the entire space to ensure good circulation
55. and always thinking about comfort
56. with cozy sofas
57. and a good quality carpentry
58. your small apartment room can be more rustic
59 Why not something more modern?
60. you can unleash your creativity in a small space
61. it's even worth betting on the industrial style
62. include objects that are part of your routine
63. to create the identity of the environment
64. in a light and relaxed way
65. the living room will surely be your new favorite place
66. ideal for relaxation
67. enjoy an afternoon with friends
68. and watch a lot of movies
69. the possibilities are endless
70 that will help you create a spectacular room!
As you can see, details are the main point when it comes to planning a small apartment living room.